Do you believe the pen is mightier than the sword? Are you (or were you) known by your English teachers for your knack for grammar? Are you looking for an opportunity to flex your writing muscle for others to see? Then the Better Detroit Youth Movement (BDYM) is the place for you!
The BDYM is looking for long- and short-form Witty Writers to join its marketing/media team. As one of our Witty Writers, you'll have the opportunity to provide blog posts with your own opinion and analysis on current issues regarding Detroit and other youth-related issues. If you're up for the task, you'll also have the opportunity to provide engaging copy for our social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Instagram), occasionally working with our Better Broadcasters and Nimble Networkers to create the right kind of messaging for promoting news and resources.
Great opportunity for:
- Aspiring authors and poets
- Gaining copywriting experience
- Aspiring or current social media professionals
In short, what you'll do is:
- Provide copy that starts conversation for our social media platforms
- Provide blog post at your convenience on Detroit- and youth-related issues
- Be responsible for consistent messaging on behalf of an organization
What it takes:
- Moderate knowledge of English grammar
- Ability to write original thoughts
- Ability to write with professionalism