Do you have a passion for sharing good news? Are you in “the know” about all things Detroit? Are you looking for an organization to share your talents with? Then the Better Detroit Youth Movement (BDYM) is the place for you!
The BDYM is looking for Better Broadcasters to join its marketing/media team. As one of our Better Broadcasters, your role will be to stay up-to-date on current events related to metro Detroit as well as youth-based media on a national and global scale. You will be communicating with our Witty Writers and Nimble Networkers who will then share your news via our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). On occasion, you will have access to these platforms so that you can broadcast what you find as needed.
Great opportunity for:
- Aspiring or current social media professionals
- Gaining marketing/public relations experience
- Gaining promotions experience
In short, what you'll do is:
- Search and share youth-related news, events, and resources via social media platforms
- Work with writers and networkers to determine ways to promote your findings
- Keep your eyes and ears open to what's going on in metro Detroit
What it takes:
- Consistent internet access
- Knowledge of news sources
- Knowledge of scheduling social media posts
- Ability to maintain professionalism